How To Tie A Martial Arts Belt
- Start by placing the center of the belt at your waist.
- Wrap around to the back. When the belt reaches behind you, the belt exchanges hands. Bring one side around on top, tuck one side around underneath. The belt should be one band around your waist.
- Tuck the top belt layer through both wraps of the belt at your waist. Cinch the belt, and check that the ends are of equal length.
- Fold the bottom end across. Place the top end over top of the bottom. Pull the top end through the loop.
- Tighten the knot, and you are ready for practice.
- At the end of practice, fold your belt in half twice.
- Tie the belt in a knot and place with your uniform.